Vocabulary: what's in a word? Presentation at the ALL Yorkshire Winter series
Presentation by David Shanks at the fifth session of the Association for Language Learning (ALL) Yorkshire Winter Series, at King Edward VII School, Sheffield on Wednesday 26 February 2020.
This final session focused on key MFL Pedagogy Review recommendations for teaching vocabulary, research-informed practice and explore the following questions:
· Why is vocabulary so important?
· What does it mean to know a word?
· Which words do learners need to know?
· How many words do they need to know?
· How can they best learn and retain those words?
The session included practical teaching ideas and links to resources in French, German and Spanish.
For an overview of all sessions in the Yorkshire Winter Series, visit: https://ncelp.org/ncelp-showcase-at-the-all-yorkshire-winter-series/.
Items to download
Uploaded on 2020-02-27